P/1 are awesome!

comings and goings from the smaller end of the school

5 Sentence Challenge 2017!

| 0 comments

We began our 2017 Prep/One 5 Sentence Challenge this Week!

cooking with grandma

Students had to think about the kinds of things they saw in the picture, what time of the year it was, what day of the week, who are the children, who do the animals belong to and what else they can see beyond the door.

Isabella – There is a Grandma. She is cooking. The Grandma was going outside. The girl is making cookies. The boys wants some cookies.

Djed – I see that the lady is cooking. The door is open. The dogs are ready to play. The boy is reading a book. There are roses outside.

Matilda – It is spring and the dogs are nearly ready to go and play. The kids are having breakfast. The girl is baking cookies. The boy is reading a book. The door is open because it’s sunny.

Bryce – There are lots of dogs. I see a woman.

Jesse – The dog has puppies. The door is open. The girl is cooking. The boy is reading a book.

Timmy – A boy the helping his Grandma bake cookies. The girl is helping his Grandma bake cookies. I see an old house in the backyard.

Jennifer – It is summer time. The animals are ready to play.

Keira – A little girl is helping the Grandma bake cookies. The little boy is baking cookies. The boy is sitting at the table. I can see a cute puppy. I see a cat.

Lea – I see little children. I see 5 dogs. The lady is cooking cookies. I can see flowers.

Asher – A lady is holding a tray of cookies. There are lots of animals. I see another house.

Jake – It was a sunny day. The chickens came to soak up the sunlight. The dogs sit waiting for their food. There is green grass outside. I see flowers.

Ava – It’s super sunny outside. The girl and boy are cooking with their Grandma.

Lucy – I see the dog. The kids are helping their mother. I see chickens. I see a cat. I see a house.

Elena – I see little children. I see 5 dogs. I see a barn. I see a cat.

Hayley – It is summer. I like summer. It is so fun. I like summer because it is so fun. I like the animals. I see the flowers.